How to Choose a LASIK Surgeon
LASIK is a life-changing vision correction procedure, and choosing your LASIK surgeon is an important step that should not be taken lightly. Selecting the right doctor to handle your LASIK surgery is a crucial step toward increasing the likelihood of achieving your vision goals.
It is important to choose a vision correction center that specializes in laser vision correction and is capable of providing the full range of vision correction procedures, which extends beyond LASIK. When you seek out true vision correction experts like Lance Kugler, MD, and his team at Kugler Vision in Omaha, you can be confident in the solutions recommended to you to suit your specific vision needs.
How to Find the Best LASIK Surgeon
There are numerous factors to consider when you research the skills, reputation, and qualifications of a refractive surgeon. Here’s what to look for:
- Surgeon Reputation and Licensing: state licensing boards can validate a surgeon’s credentials. Check out the full biography of Kugler Vision’s LASIK surgeon, Lance Kugler, MD, here.
- Advertisements: Many vision correction centers advertise on radio, social media, and the web. Some ads can be informative, and others seem to just focus on the price. A cheap procedure should not be the primary factor when you choose a doctor to perform surgery on your eyes.
- Referrals: Doesn’t every vision correction center in town claim they are the best? This is when you look at what the people — real patients — have to say about their experience and vision results after a procedure. Check out what people say about Kugler Vision on Facebook, Google, and our website.
Think You’ve Found “The One?” Here’s What to Ask Your LASIK Surgeon
After you have found a LASIK surgeon you think could be a good fit for your needs, the next step is to schedule a consultation. A thorough consultation is important and necessary to ensure that you are a good candidate for vision correction.
At Kugler Vision, you will see Omaha’s top LASIK experts and receive the most advanced and thorough diagnostic testing available in the region. Kugler Vision was awarded Omaha Magazine’s award for Best of Omaha #1 LASIK Provider in 2018 and 2019!
At your initial consultation, you’ll meet with a Kugler Vision doctor. The doctor will personally analyze your unique eyes, and if you are a good candidate for laser vision correction, you will receive a recommendation for the procedure that will give you your best vision results. During your consultation, it’s OK to ask questions. In fact, we welcome it.
Some recommended questions to ask your LASIK surgeon are:
- Do you offer all seven vision correction procedures, or just LASIK?
- Do you see every patient before and after the laser vision correction procedure?
- Have you had laser vision correction?
- Did you complete any special training, like a yearlong fellowship in laser vision correction?
- Do you live in the city where I am receiving my vision correction procedure?
- Does your surgical center have a dedicated laser that stays stationary within your surgical suite?
- Are you a member of the Refractive Surgery Alliance, a professional organization of ophthalmologists that aims to create an alliance of highly qualified, ethical refractive surgeons?
You need to be confident that you have chosen the best doctor. If you are not happy with the answers given to your questions, please consult with another surgeon. It’s always OK to get a second opinion.
Kugler Vision Specializes in All 7 Refractive Procedures
LASIK is the most well-known laser vision correction procedure, and it’s been changing lives for 25 years. However, LASIK isn’t the best procedure for every person.
When you select a surgeon, it’s important that they are comfortable and experienced with several procedures — not exclusively LASIK. If your doctor has a thorough understanding of the seven available laser vision correction procedures, he or she can confidently recommend the one that will be best for your unique eyes and vision goals.
Kugler Vision is the only vision center in Omaha, Nebraska, to offer and specialize in all seven effective solutions for clear vision at any stage of life.
The Kugler Vision Difference
Why choose us? Our mission is to maximize the human experience for our patients by helping them see the world with the best vision possible. We want them to feel empowered and confident, and to live life with energy and vitality. Kugler Vision is a lifestyle enhancement center committed to empowering our patients with their best achievable vision, for a full and active life without glasses and contact lenses.
Our patients choose to trust Lance Kugler, MD, for their vision correction needs because of his reputation for excellent outcomes and world-class patient care. Dr. Kugler also had LASIK himself. Our patients feel comfortable, welcome, confident, and knowledgeable in their decision-making process with us.
Our goal is to provide our patients with the most incredible experience possible. Undergoing vision correction is a life-changing event, and we strive for every detail and moment to be exceptional. When our patients leave Kugler Vision, they feel confident they received the best possible consultation, treatment, outcome, and experience.
Schedule Your Consult With Kugler Vision Today
Make life better by leaving behind the hassles of glasses and contacts. We hope you choose Lance Kugler, MD, as your trusted LASIK surgeon. Please schedule a consultation at Kugler Vision in Omaha, Nebraska, by calling 402.558.2211, or schedule a LASIK consultation online today.