6 Tips to Relieve your Springtime Eye Discomfort:
- Limit the amount of time you spend outdoors– especially in the mid morning and early evening, when pollen count levels tend to rise.
- Wear sunglasses outside, they will help protect your eyes from allergens.
- It’s best to close the windows and turn off any window fans because these can draw pollen inside your home. When you need to cool off, turn on your air conditioner. The same goes for when you are driving!
- Use a dehumidifier, especially in damp areas of your home like the bathroom, kitchen, and basement to discourage the growth of mold– one of the most common eye-affecting allergens.
- Don’t rub your eyes! It’s very tempting to rub your eyes when they become itchy, but it will only aggravate your symptoms. Instead of rubbing your eyes, we encourage you to apply an eye lubricant to alleviate irritation flush out the allergens.
- Get LASIK! LASIK will allow you to have a life without barriers. Contacts act like little sponges, sucking up pesky allergens and holding them close to your already irritated eyes! After LASIK there’s no more hassles from glasses and no more contacts trapping your allergies! Plus it corrects nearsightedness, farsightedness and astigmatism for a lifetime. Although LASIK does not cure your allergies, by eliminating your contact lenses it can greatly reduce your allergy symptoms.
LASIK: An Allergy Sufferer’s Best Bet
LASIK is an amazing option for allergy sufferers. If you are suffering with the hassles of wearing glasses or contacts during allergy season, please call 402.558.2211 or contact us here to find out more about LASIK. We encourage you to consider LASIK to solve the annoying “contacts trapping allergens” problem once and for all! You should definitely consider scheduling your consultation with us if you have tried numbers one through five of our previously mentioned in home tips but are still suffering one of the following symptoms below:
- general eye irritation
- stinging or burning
- Scratchiness or itchiness
- fluctuating vision changes
- tearing up when trying to focus heavily – such as reading, driving, or playing sports
- difficulty wearing contact lenses
- foreign body feeling
- tired eyes, such as after prolonged computer use
Get Relief with LASIK
If you are interested in finding relief from your contact lenses, please call 402.558.2211 to schedule your consultation today or to get more information.
Lance Kugler, MD, is a specialist in LASIK and vision correction surgery and CEO of Kugler Vision. A proud Omaha native, he is passionate about improving lives through clear vision. Dr. Kugler serves on several national boards, and his practice is recognized internationally as a center of excellence. Dr. Kugler is one of the original founders of the Refractive Surgery Alliance, an international organization comprised of over 350 of the world’s leading vision correction surgeons; he also served as its first president. In 2019, Dr. Kugler was selected as a TEDx speaker, and delivered a talk in Omaha about the worldwide epidemic of nearsightedness and refractive solutions. Dr. Kugler is an Associate Professor of Refractive Surgery at the University of Nebraska Medical Center’s Truhlsen Eye Institute, has been published in many medical journals, and participates in numerous clinical studies to advance the field of vision correction surgery. Additionally, Dr. Kugler is proud to be a Board Certified Fellow of the World College of Refractive Surgery & Visual Sciences. Dr. Kugler and his wife are proud parents to five active kids. When he has a spare moment, he enjoys skiing, tennis, travel, and fine coffee.