5 Common Cataract Questions
Cataract Surgery in Omaha
Omaha cataract surgery practice Kugler Vision is the metro’s top destination for cataract removal. We see many patients who want to regain their youthful, clear vision, and with today’s most advanced laser technology, we can help our patients achieve their vision goals.
Our mission is to maximize the human experience for our patients by helping them see the world with the best vision possible. We want them to feel empowered and confident, and live life with energy and vitality. Kugler Vision is a lifestyle enhancement center committed to empowering our patients with the best vision medically achievable.
Answers to the Top 5 Common Cataract Questions:
- Q: What causes cataracts in the eye?
- Cataracts can develop from either a protein clumping or lens discoloration. The lenses are made mostly of protein, and sometimes protein clumps form cloudy areas, resulting in vision becoming duller or blurrier. Lens discoloration gradually changes vision, adding a yellow or brown tint. This is a cataract, which is also known as DLS stage 3. To determine the cause and to confirm that cataracts are causing your vision problems, you need a medical diagnosis. Contact us today, so we can provide you with a recommendation for your best visual solution.
- Q: What will happen if a cataract is left untreated?
- Cataracts require a medical diagnosis. They are chronic and will last a lifetime if left untreated, and will only get increasingly worse. As your vision continues to deteriorate, your inability to see becomes a large safety concern and can hinder everyday activities such as driving.
- Q: Is it painful to remove cataracts?
- Numbing eye drops are administered prior to cataract surgery, and prevent any discomfort. When you arrive on the day of your cataract surgery, you will be given a mild sedative to help you relax.
- Q: Is cataract surgery safe?
- Laser cataract surgery is one of the safest and most commonly performed surgical procedures in the United States. More than 3 million cataract surgeries are performed in the United States each year. By taking traditional cataract surgery and replacing some of the manual processes used to perform the procedure with a computer-guided laser, we can produce outstanding results with improved safety and precision. Laser cataract surgery is more reliable and delivers consistent and accurate results. Complications after cataract surgery are uncommon and most can be successfully treated.
- Q: What are cataract symptoms?
- The most common symptoms of cataracts are: blurry vision, dimmed color vision with a yellow tint, sensitivity to light, halos, glare, poor night vision, and changes in vision that can’t be corrected with glasses or contact lenses. Cataracts develop slowly over time, and while inconvenient and frustrating, are painless. Due to the gradual nature of their development, cataracts often go unnoticed at first. However, as cataracts worsen, the severity of irritating symptoms also worsens.
- Q: What’s the best cataract treatment?
The Benefits of Cataract Surgery
At Kugler Vision, laser cataract surgery only takes about 20 minutes for Lance Kugler, MD, to perform, but changes your life for the better forever. For most of our patients, their vision improves within the first 24 to 48 hours after the procedure and will generally achieve maximum visual improvement about a month after cataract surgery.
Ready to experience your clear, youthful vision again?
Contact Kugler Vision
If you are suffering with cataracts and are interested in cataract removal at the top cataract surgery Omaha practice, please contact Kugler Vision at 402.558.2211 to schedule a cataract consultation.