What is SMILE?
Small Incision Lenticule Extraction (SMILE) is a relatively new vision correction procedure designed to treat the most common refractive error: nearsightedness (myopia).
In 2007, this procedure was introduced as a vision correction option, and in 2011 the commencement of this procedure began and was established in various locations including Europe, China and India. The United States clinical trial began in June 2012 and was approved by the FDA.1
Kugler Vision in Omaha, NE was the first in the state of Nebraska or Iowa to perform SMILE.
The procedure involves using a femtosecond laser to create a corneal lenticule which is extracted whole through a small incision. SMILE achieves results that are similar to those of LASIK, without the need for creating a flap and has excellent patient reported outcomes.
SMILE is effective, safe, and has an extremely high patient satisfaction rate. Although the procedure is different from LASIK, the outcome is the same – improved vision for a life without barriers!
How does it compare to LASIK?
LASIK is an excellent option for many people, and remains the most common vision correction procedure. For some patients LASIK is the best option, and for others SMILE may have some advantages. We will make a recommendation at the time of your consultation. At Kugler Vision, our goal is to use every available technology to help our patients achieve their best possible vision, and this procedure is one more method we have available to achieve that goal.
SMILE is Affordable
Finances should never be a barrier to achieving your vision goals. We offer a variety of convenient payment plans and financing options that make vision correction affordable on almost any budget.
- You’ll pay no interest when your balance is paid in full within 24 months. **With our 24 month affordable payment plan, amazing vision has never been more attainable!
- Many of our patients take advantage of their Tax-Free Flex Spending Accounts or Health Care Savings Accounts to make the procedure even more affordable.
- We provide our patients with an excellent financing option, Alphaeon Credit payment plan, which is easy to apply for. Simply click the button below to be redirected to the application page.
- ** Terms and conditions apply. For important information about 24 month financing, please visit our Financing Terms and Conditions page.
- “Innovative SMILE Procedure from ZEISS Successfully Performed on More than 80,000 Eyes.” Innovative SMILE Procedure from ZEISS. ZEISS, 04 Feb. 2014. Web. 10 Mar. 2015.